Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings.
Fullscreen MapMap Show Current LocationMy Location

All Stories: 97

Original owner: Former Governor of Minnesota John Lind. Architect: William Channing Whitney Built 1905 Georgian Revival style.

Original owner: John Speedy, owner of a paint and wallpaper store. Architect: Frank Reed Built before 1885 This is one of the 10 oldest houses in Lowry Hill. It was about to be torn down by new owners who wanted to build a larger, more…

Original owner: Helene Hawley Architect: William Channing Whitney Built 1904

Original owner: Arthur Miller Architect: Leroy S. Buffington Built 1907 Leroy Buffington claimed to have invented the skyscraper and for a time held a patent on the idea.

Architects: William Purcell and Frederick Strauel (“spec” house for Henry M. Peterson) Date: 1928 Style: French Cottage Revival/Colonial Revival Surprise! Here, the architects and their client departed completely from the English Cottage…

Architect: Frederick Strauel (“spec” house for Henry M. Peterson) Date: 1929 Style: English Cottage Revival Primarily, this house is an essay on one of the most important components of the English Cottage Revival Style: half-timbering. Of…

Share this Page