The current owners, already residents of the neighborhood, purchased this apartment building in 2010. They then completed a year-long preservation and renovation project of the interiors of the building, including installing modern kitchens and custom-tiled bathrooms, and adding laundry facilities to each unit.
Original windows were restored except for two units where the previous owner had replaced them with new vinyl; fortunately, however, a preservation-minded neighbor salvaged the original windows from one unit and returned them to the new owners for possible reinstallation.
The view of the downtown skyline from this location is said to be one of the best in the city.
This 1906 brick-clad two-story Greek Revival structure contains a parapet on a flat roof. Note the full cornice line emphasized with eight courses of corbeled brickwork most visible on the south façade.
The building has a full-façade porch on its main (western) face. The first floor of the porch is stone with fluted columns. The railings on both floors are replacements, as are the metal step railings.
The stone sills under all windows on the north, west, and south sides of house are original and made of Bedford limestone, as are the brickwork lintels above all the windows on the north and south sides of the house. Note the vertical brick coursing above the window heads.
The owner notes that the picture windows are original, as are the transoms with leaded glass above. There are also two short leaded-glass windows on the second floor front, above the lower entrances, and two-story slightly projecting bays on both the north and south sides of the building.
All four corners of the structure have masonry quoins, providing a nice accent for the reddish-brown brick and suggesting strength and permanence.